- check daily intake of nutrients, vitamins, and mineral. and calculate daily energy levels in calories. some facts about vitamins like A, D, E, K and B, C minerals like zinc, iron, and calcium.
Difference between fat and protein
fat triesters of glycerol and fatty ads, Proteins made from Amino Acids.
saturated fatty acids vs unsaturated fatty acids
by adding another hydrogen to unsaturated to convert to saturated. unsaturated represents good cholesterol and saturated helps to build good cholesterol available in oil soya, sunflower and other etc.
is butter a saturated fat or unsaturated fat?
saturated by adding hydrogen to oil and that convert into butter (saturated).
daily activity level
- sedentary – sleep
- light reading, seating at the office
- moderate occasional walking, driver’s, bike
- High:farmers, labourers,sports
- vigorous: sports, bodybuilders gym
Major nutrients of the body for energy source?
- Carbohydrates (sugars) and water. no need to much focus on these as vitamins and minerals.
And vitamins and minerals.
daily intake of nutrients
Carbohydrates: 310 grams
Protein: 50 grams
Fat: 70 grams
saturated fat: 24 grams
Sugar (carbohydrate) 90 grams
Sodium (salt): 2300mg
Vitamin A, 5000IU
what is the Daily requirement of water per day?
2-3 liters per day. Measure dehydration by observing your urine. if it in yellow you have to drink more water.
1 calorie =4 joules
10 calries= 42 KJ
100 calories = 418 KJ
256 C = 1071 KJ
2079 C =8700 KJ
Protein vs Fat vs carbohydrate vs Fibre calories
which of the following supplies the most calories per gram?
- 1 gram protein 4 calories 17 kJ
- 1 gram fat 9 calories 37 kJ
- 1 gram carbohydrates 4 calories 17 kJ
- 1 gram dietary fiber 2 calories 8 kJ
- 1 gram alcohol 7 calories 29 kJ
carbohydrates and proteins have the same caloric value per gram
daily intake of vitamins and minerals for adults
Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI), Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) and (DV) Daily value
High dosage risk Vitamins and minerals
vitamins A, E, K and minerals Iron and selenium build toxicity in the body. you may look for nutritional insurance.
example: 128 Grams of chopped raw carrot contains Vitamin A (in the form of beta carotene)
Note: All the metric may not accurate, but we have some idea.
by comparing those, by eating one 1 raw Carrot daily, we can avoid blindness caused by vitamin A deficiency, especially in children. as we already know 1 of 4 people having spectacles but in children it to worse.
here is an example of vitamin A comparison among carrot, spinach and sweet potato on health Alico
Top 10 protein Rich Foods
protein in 100 grams
- Chicken 25-30grams in 100Gms 30%
- Egg 15%
- Milk 3%
- Soya Dry 36% boiled 17%, Raw green 16%
- chickpeas 19%
- Rice 2-3%
- Wheat 14%, wheat flour roti 10%,
Where to buy protein supplements in India?
- Endura mass 13gram protein in 100 grams, Price 448 for 500 Gms, add to lukewarm or cold Milk (Not Hot milk it kills vitamins, Minerals also protein), Made from Soya. Isolated.
concentrated vs Isolated vs hydrolysate protein
- Concentrate contains 35-80% of protein
- Isolated 87-95% of Protein
- Hydrolysate Predigested for faster absorption (Stimulates Insulin more powerful than isolated)
All vitamins & minerals list with RDA values
2 types based on dissolve
Fat soluble vitamins: A, D, E, K
E Calciferous: sexual inability and avoids aging skin,
K phytonadione helps blood platelets function (prevents bleeding )
Water soluble vitamins:
B COMPLEX, C
B1, thiamin beri beri (abnormal heartbeats)polished rice
B2, riboflavin glossitis
B12: cyanocobalamin, Natural vitamin in our body produced e. Coli,
C vitamin: scurvy disease, rich foods are guava, lemon, and other citrus species foods,
Vitamin A: carrots are highly rich in the forms of beta carotenes, liver rich if vitamins and minerals because its storage box for some enzymes synthesis,
Strain comes to another factor to stress the optimal nerves,
Vitamin a helps to synthesize eye tears, avoids xerophthalmia or eye dryness and night blindness,
You may already know major nutrients of animals.
Carbohydrate, proteins, and fat these are required daily in grams,
But minor nutrients like vitamins and nutrients requirement is within mg milligrams
Before we find out deficiency disease we need to sort out vitamins and minerals RDA or daily requirement,
daily requirement of carboHydrate, fat,
Vitamin D rich foods and daily value
deficiency: rickets in children, bone weakness in adults
helps to absorb calcium, control cell growth, increase immunity,
Daily value: 600 IU (40 IU=1 mg) toxicity (4000IU)
Rich foods: 1.cod liver oil (100g contains 100,000 IU of D 1 tbsp=1300IU), vitamin A 2984 mg of omega fay acids),
Note: cod liver oil capsules available in the local pharmacy.
2.fishes, 3 mushrooms. Whole Grain, 1 Egg boiled (44 IU 7% of DV), Soya, butter 15% DV.
I will update the chart here.
reference: nutrients database usda For only 19+ adults not for pregnant and breast breeding
Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) or Adequate Intake (AI)
Nutrients with AIs are marked with an (*)
Upper Tolerable Limit (UL)
The highest amount you can take without risk
(Vitamin B complex)
Folic Acid (Folate)
This applies only to synthetic folic acid in supplements or fortified foods. There is no upper limit for folic acid from natural sources.
This applies only to magnesium in supplements or fortified foods. There is no upper limit for magnesium in food and water.
Up to age 70: 4,000 mg/day Over age 70:3,000 mg/day
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
This applies only to niacin in supplements or fortified foods. There is no upper limit for niacin in natural sources.
Vitamin D (Calciferol)
This applies only to vitamin E in supplements or fortified foods. There is no upper limit for vitamin E from natural sources.
- 1 Major nutrients of the body for energy source?
- 2 daily intake of nutrients
- 3 what is the Daily requirement of water per day?
- 4 Protein vs Fat vs carbohydrate vs Fibre calories
- 5 Where to buy protein supplements in India?
- 6 All vitamins & minerals list with RDA values
- 7 daily requirement of carboHydrate, fat,